Vol. 53 No. 7, July 2023
- Court: Hip-hop on work PA can be a form of harassment.
- COVID's hangover: EEOC charges jumped 20% last year.
- Heed EEOC's new guidance on AI liability.
- Pay how much for retaliation? Try $366 million.
- DOL wins largest FLSA verdict ever! $22 million for unpaid showers.
- Dumping final pay in driveway leads to even bigger FLSA penalties.
- Before laying off 100 or more, consider whether WARN Act notification is required.
- Pregnant employee? You're not her doctor and you don't know what's best for her.
- Weigh context when punishing employee for angry outbursts.
- How to accommodate employees who suffer from migraines.
- Are your Gen Z employees distracted? Maybe it's because they're moonlighting.
- You may not have to grant religious accommodation, but you must have a conversation about it.
- EEOC charges exploded last year as pandemic eased and employees returned to work.
- Litigation hold! Ensure records-retention rule covers work files stored on employees' personal devices.