Vol. 49 Nbr. 1-2, January - January 2017
> SIGN UP FREE
- Is Donald Trump America's Milosevic?
- Advice for Trump on post-Fidel Cuba.
- Obama's top 50 accomplishments, revisited.
- Nip it in the bud: could Donald Trump be our best hope for sensible marijuana legalization?
- Why the GOP congress will stop trump from going too far: the coming resistance from Republican lawmakers who hate Trump, fear executive overreach--or both.
- Time to abolish cash bail.
- All criminal justice reform is local.
- Democrats must become the party of freedom: re-embracing anti-monopoly will reinvigorate American liberty and beat back Trumpism.
- How to bring home democratic voters: universal vote by mail is the most effective way to boost turnout among young and minority voters.
- Minority retort: in the era of Trump, congressional democrats should practice "strategic co-opposition.".
- Obama's considerable, if shaky, legacy: what Trump can and cannot unwind.
- Why does congress do so little? The structural incentives for "losing to win.".
- From spying to killing: how America's "secret war" in Laos transformed the CIA.
- Arab fling: how the feckless meddling of Syria's neighbors made the civil war there worse.
- Power to the People: liberals have lost touch with their populist roots, which calls for a fresh articulation of a very old idea: anti-domination.
- Entrepreneurship at home and abroad: why Donald Trump should listen to two visionary businessmen who didn't support him.
- The birth of the imperial presidency: how America's late-nineteenth-century conquest of Cuba and the Philippines still haunts our foreign policy.