Vol. 54 No. 4-6, April 2022
- The Case for a New Atlantic Alliance.
- The Man Who Ran Illinois: Michael Madigan was the state's most powerful politician for more than three decades--until the feds caught up to him.
- The Art of the Pump.
- Native, Inc.
- Laboratories of Anti-monopoly: States are on the front line of the fight against corporate consolidation.
- Inside Tucker Carlson's Brain: The post-liberal intellectuals who are reshaping conservatism.
- The Supreme Court Takes On Climate Change. Be Afraid. Conservative justices are taking aim at all regulations, not just environmental ones.
- A Higher Ed Bargain at the Border: By keeping tuition low and offering generous aid to its Hispanic student body, the University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley has lessons for the rest of the country.
- Can Diverse Democracies Survive? Without the glue of a shared national narrative, probably not.
- The Too Supreme Court: Make the Constitution populist again.
- Can Democrats Hold Georgia? The party did everything right to win the state in 2020--and the Republicans did everything wrong.
- On the Basis of Sex: The amazing success and frustrating challenges of Title IX.
- Moderation in the Name of Liberty Is No Vice: Francis Fukuyama's calm evisceration of illiberalism on the left and right.
- The Strike Zone: Little-known labor heroes provide a path forward for today.