Vol. 20 Nbr. 6-7, July 1988
- "What's Wrong With Wall Street?" Short-Term Gain and the Absentee Shareholder.
- Almost Golden: Jessica Savitch and the Selling of Television News.
- Dollars and scents.
- How to make a prime minister paranoid; a page from the bureaucrats' playbook.
- Ice fishing; how Pillsbury, Quaker Oats, and Drexel Burnham got millions in cool cash from Alaska's Eskimos.
- Our Country and Our Children: Improving America's Schools and Affirming the Common Culture.
- The case against kids; when parents sacrifice their ideals in the name of their children, both suffer.
- The Darker Proof: Stories from a Crisis.
- The Man Who Invented Saturday Morning and Other Adventures in American Enterprise.
- The Soft War: The Uses and Abuses of U.S. Economic Aid in Central America.
- The Specter initiative.
- The Third Century: America's Renaissance in the Asian Era.