Vol. 44 Nbr. 1, January 2018
> SIGN UP FREE
- NCSL EXPERTISE.
- STRONG VOICE.
- IT Security Officers Brace for Threats.
- Weather and Climate Disasters Take Toll.
- Looking After the Little Ones.
- Broadband's Reach.
- Another REAL ID Deadline Fast Approaching.
- Bicyclists Hope 'Idaho Stop' Catches On.
- Top 10: The road ahead is packed with big issues, and here are 10 of the biggest.
- Revenue Growth: More Tortoise Than Hare: The new year brings new budget challenges as state revenue growth trudges slowly along.
- No Substitute for Trained Teachers: If the teacher workforce has grown nearly 50 percent since the 1980s, why are states still reporting shortages?
- Drip, Drip, Drip: Hiring enough teachers to fill America's classrooms is like pouring water into a leaky bucket.
- Health Idea Gets Second Chance: Few agree on the best way to increase competition in the health insurance marketplace as an old idea gets a second look.
- Dan Patrick, Texas lieutenant governor, author: "Rebuilding after Harvey will require a massive effort.".
- Party Control as Sessions Begin.
- The Territories: They Are Us.
- Yes, No, Maybe So: Is it wrong to use photos funded by the state on your personal social media accounts?
- David Ralston: Speaker, Georgia House.