Vol. 84 Nbr. 1, January 2004
> SIGN UP FREE
- Profession's new grassroots image enhancement campaign focuses on individual CPAs.
- How to request copyright permission from AICPA.
- New Audit Committee Effectiveness Center promotes successful corporate governance.
- Public meeting notices.
- 2004 Top 10 Technologies announced--7 are new to list.
- AICPA submits recommendations to PCAOB on confirmation process.
- Practice Alert issued on Acceptance and Continuance of Clients and Engagements.
- SOP issued on Accounting for Certain Loans, Debt Securities.
- Two proposed SSARS, Performance of Review Engagements and Standards for Accounting and Review Services, exposed for comment.
- AICPA launches Member Retirement Trust.
- Members offered airline, car rental, Amtrak discounts.
- "Center for Public Company Audit Firms"--the New SECPS.
- GAO report says mandatory auditor rotation for SEC companies may not be efficient; loss of knowledge and additional costs outweigh benefits.
- AICPA's Annual Accounting and Auditing Update Workshop (Fall 2003 Edition).
- Cash flow statement: preparation, presentation, and use.
- FBI looks to CPAs to play key role in battling white-collar crime.
- Pilot test of computer-based CPA exam takes place.
- Qualified Retirement Plans--401(k), Keogh, SEP, Simple ... Does your plan still meet your needs?
- Score an A+ on your next peer review.
- Workpapers, forms and checklists: avoid the documentation trap.