News, Notes & Other Items of Interest
IMPORTANT: CLE REMINDERS
Active, New Active and Emeritus attorneys need to be aware of the following:
1. CLE credit for coursework completed during 2018 must be reported by January 15, 2019. (Rule 10(a))
2. On November 15, 2018, all Active, New Active and Emeritus attorneys received notification of the number of CLE hours they have credited to date for this calendar year. (Rule 4(g))
3. On December 4, 2018, Active, New Active and Emeritus attorneys were invited to access their online CLE record and certify its accuracy. While this is not a requirement of the rules, it is an effective way for you to help the Bar ensure that its data entry is correct.
4. In order to avoid penalty fees, you must be in compliance by January 15,2019.
5. Those who are not in compliance by January 15, 2019, will be assessed a $300 delinquency fee. Those attorneys will then have until March 1, 2019, to submit adequate CLE credits and pay the fee.
6. CLE credit for courses completed in 2018 will not be accepted after March 1, 2019.
7. Those not in compliance on March 15, 2019, will be assessed an additional $300 noncompliance fee and will be recommended for suspension by the Wyoming Supreme Court.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Marie Ellis, CLE Director, at (307) 432-2102 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLE proposals for Annual Meeting due
The Wyoming State Bar CLE Committee is in the initial stages of planning the CLE programs for the 2019 Annual Meeting & Judicial Conference, which will take place October 1-4, 2019, at Jackson Lake Lodge in Moran, Wyoming. If you are interested in providing a CLE program, please submit a written proposal to Marie Ellis, CLE Director, no later than January 31, 2019. Your proposal should include the general content of the program, length of the program, and the intended audience. If you have any questions, please contact Marie Ellis at (307) 432-2103 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Don't Stock Up on...