Eight Latinas and seven Latinos have been elected to Fortune 1000 boards in the past year. Of these, nine have previous corporate board experience and five are new to corporate boards. The fourteen boards to which these Hispanics were elected oversee companies that have a combined total of over $430 billion in revenues.
* AIDA ALVAREZ was appointed to the board of HP in February of 2016. HP is ranked Fortune 20, with $103.3 billion in revenues.
* MONICA LOZANO, Director of BANK OF AMERICA, was appointed to the board of TARGET in March of 2016. TARGET is ranked Fortune 38 with $73 billion in revenues.
* CESAR CONDE, Chairman of HISPANIC ENTERPRISE OF NBCUNIVERSAL, was appointed to the board of PEPSICO in March of 2016. PEPSICO is ranked Fortune 44 with $63 billion in revenues.
* RAMON BAEZ, Global SVP and CIO of HP ENTERPRISE, was appointed to the board of KAISER FOUNDATION HEALTH PLAN INC. and KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS in April of 2016. Over $60 billion in revenues--equivalent to Fortune 47 ranking.
* MARIA ELENA LAGOMASINO, Founder and Managing WHATEVER OF WE FAMILY OFFICES, and Director of THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, was appointed to the board of THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY in September of 2015. DISNEY is ranked Fortune 54 with $52.4 billion in revenues.
* RALPH DE LA VEGA, Vice Chairman of AT&T, CEO of AT&T BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, CEO of AT&T INTERNATIONAL, and Director of NEW YORK LIFE INSURANCE, was appointed to the board of the AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY in May of 2016. AMERICAN EXPRESS in ranked Fortune 85 with $34.4 billion in revenues.
* GRACE LIEBLEIN, Director of HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, was appointed to the board of SOUTHWEST AIRLINES in February of 2016. SOUTHWEST AIRLINES is ranked Fortune 142 with $19.8 billion in revenues.
* PAUL RAINES, President and CEO of GAMESTOP and Director of ADVANCE AUTO PARTS was elected to the board of JC PENNEY in February of 2016. JC PENNEY is ranked 228 on the Fortune 500 with $12.6 billion in revenues.
"I THINK THAT SOMETIMES THE PROBLEM IN COMPANIES IS OFTEN THERE IS A LACK OF EMPOWERMENT IN PEOPLE TO CHANGE THE RULES. NOW THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO DO EVERYTHING AGAINST PROCEDURES, BUT IT MEANS YOU'RE EMPOWERED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY I'LL TRY ANYTHING. YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES, AS LONG AS I AM HERE, WE ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO THAT" PAUL RAINES
* JOSE ARMARIO was appointed to the board of directors of AVON PRODUCTS in September of 2016. AVON PRODUCTS is ranked 370 of...