The economy, legislation, regulation, a global landscape and cyberspace present new challenges to businesses of all shapes and sizes. OSCPA is meeting the marketplace head-on--providing high-quality education and training programs lead by experts from all areas of the CPA profession and business.
"Perfect timing and great speakers" and "a homerun" are how two participants described OSCPA's first-ever Employee Benefit Plans Audit Conference, which kicked off the 2009-2010 CPE season.
"In such a turbulent economic environment, I am proud of the level of education and training programming that we can bring to our members," said Jay Moeller, CPA, OSCPA chair of the Board and a partner with Battelle & Battelle in Dayton. "The Ohio Society is once again delivering on its commitment to excellence in education and providing members with a reliable information safety net. I know that members attending our programming this year will see a return on their investment."
Feedback from members has been enthusiastic. Here's a sample of what they had to say:
* "There are so many hot topics this year--you have the right people speaking."
* "This is such an impressive lineup."
* "I get back so much more from my involvement with the Society than I could ever put in."
* "The safety net I get from my membership is invaluable to me."
* "This is perfect--I put this event on my calendar nine months ago."
* "The CPE is terrific and the choices are excellent."
* "This program is awesome."
* "I get so much information that I can take back and share with my clients. It's a complete win-win."
* "You get a wealth of information in a short period of time."
Miss any of the spring events? Not a problem. Many of the key sessions from OSCPA events are recorded and added to the virtual "shelves" of the OSCPA Online Library. Find it at www.ohioscpa.com/Content/OnlineLibrary.aspx. With well over 200 titles, the Online Library is fast becoming an essential asset for OSCPA members seeking knowledge as well as quality, CPE. View any title of interest at no charge. Need CPE? Pay a small fee and take the self-assessment exam at the end of the recording. It' simple, easy and convenient.
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM OSCPA's SPRING EVENTS.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN AUDIT CONFERENCE APRIL 30
"Given the current economy, auditors will have to watch out more than normal for fraud," warned Ian Dingwall, CPA, the chief accountant for the Employee Benefits Security Administration for the...