Area Covered: Silicon Valley, including the South Bay/San Jose, Calif.; the East Bay/Oakland, Calif.; and the Peninsula region within the San Francisco Bay Area
Year founded: 1976
Companies Represented: Adobe Systems Inc., Autodesk Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., eBay Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Genentech Inc., Gilead Sciences Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Co., Intel Corp., Intuit Inc., NetFlix Inc., Oracle Corp., Salesforce.com Inc., SAP AG, Sun Microsystems Inc. and Yahoo Inc.
Annual Dues: $300
Meeting Schedule: Eight monthly dinner meetings, usually on the third Tuesday of the month (September through May, except December). We also offer monthly professional-development breakfasts, which provide CPE credits, and monthly career-development luncheons for members in transition or considering change.
* Co-sponsor events, meetings and roundtable discussions with other FEI Chapters.
* Hosted golf tournament in June to raise money for Chapter scholarship program.
* Supporter of the San Jose Ballet. Chapter Sponsors: BDO Seidman LLP, Deloitte LLP, Ernst & Young LLP, Grant Thornton LLP, KPMG LLP, Marsh, Price-waterhouseCoopers LLC, Protiviti, Resources Global Professionals, Silicon Valley Bank and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC.
Regional Challenges: Providing resources and benefits to financial executives in the diverse Silicon Valley business environment. Increasing membership and including up-and-coming financial executives from all demographics of the region
We are continually striving to find new and innovative speakers and programs that are compelling and provide value to our members who work in the ever-changing and entrepreneurial local business climate.
* Sponsor of the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal 2008 "CFO of the Year for Silicon Valley" awards, which recognizes financial executives who made extraordinary contributions to their companies and the community. Last year's winners were announced at a ceremony on Nov. 20, at the San Jose Marriott Hotel, and were profiled in a special publication of the Journal.
* Two notable government...