* Michael O'Brien has joined Perkins Coie in Anchorage as a Senior Counsel in the labor and employment practice. O'Brien's practice focuses on counseling clients on the range of employment issues affecting the workplace and on conducting workplace investigations. He also possesses indepth knowledge of Title IX and other education laws. O'Brien received his juris doctorate and master's from Vermont Law School and his bachelor's from the University of Montana. He also holds a master's from St. John's College.
McKinley Capital Management
* Deborah Lamb, Chief Compliance Officer at McKinley Capital Management, was named the recipient of the Joan Hinchman Award from the National Society of Compliance Professionals. The award is given to an individual who displays a strong commitment to excellence and distinguishes themselves as a key figure in the compliance community.
* Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Corri A. Feige confirmed her appointment of Tom Stokes as Director of the Division of Oil & Gas. As director, Stokes will continue to supervise exploration licensing, lease sales. unit management, permitting, royalty accounting, royalty audit, resource evaluation, commercial activities, and the State Pipeline Coordinator's Section. Before stepping into the director role, Stokes served the department as the state pipeline coordinator.
First Alaskans Institute
* First Alaskans Institute (FAI) hired Melissa Silugngataanit'sqaq Borton as its Indigenous Advancement Director. In this role, she will contribute to the longterm sustainability of FAI by utilizing values-based innovations to grow the financial foundation that supports our work. With her experience in the realms of development and leadership, she brings the vision, professional skills, and direct experience to the organization's sustainability efforts. She is an alumna of the FAI First Nations' Futures Fellowship.
Cornerstone General Contractors
* Cornerstone General Contractors welcomes David LaMont as a Cost Estimator/Project Manager. In this position, LaMont will be responsible for pursuing opportunities and managing projects. He brings more than thirty-seven years of experience in Alaska federal, municipal, and oil field construction. Before joining Cornerstone, LaMont served as a pipefitter, welder, and heavy equipment operator before transitioning to cost estimation at several Alaska construction companies
* Coffman Engineers welcomes two...