* Never use an address label on a business-size envelope, but use your return address.
* If possible use commemorative stamps instead of a postage meter.
* Always send envelopes First Class.
* Laser print or type addresses on envelopes.
* Have a response card or order form with phone, fax, e-mail.
* If sending sheets in an envelope, at least one sheet should be full color.
* Avoid brightly colored envelopes for business purposes.
* Offer something free or discounted to get attention.
* Start with a personalized letter if you have a target name.
* Get right to the point of the mailing near the beginning of your letter.
* Ask for a response early...