GLENMONT, N.Y. -- Jamie A. Ferris, AAI, CIC, CPIA, of Lansing, N.Y., was elected president of the Professional Insurance Agents of New York, at a meeting of the association's board of directors today, at PIANY Headquarters in Glenmont, N.Y.
Ferris is president ofPW. Wood & Son Inc., in Ithaca, N.Y.
An active member of PIANY, Ferris served as president-elect in 2017-18; vice president in 2014-17 and as secretary in 2013-14. He currently is vice president of the Government Affairs and Nominations Committees and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance and Member, Benefits & Services Committees. Ferris also is a member of the Glenmont National Alliance Committee and is vice chairperson of the associations Southern Tier Advisory Council.
Active in his community, Ferris is a member of the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce. He also is the chairman of the New York State J. David Ferris Memorial 4H Foundation Memorial Golf Open. This tournament, named in memory of the late J. David Ferris, raises money for 4H programs throughout the state. The PW Wood Agency is a signature sponsor for this event.
PIANY ELECTS OFFICERS FOR 2018-19
GLENMONT, N.Y. -- Officers of the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State were elected for the 2018-19 administrative year at the association's annual business meeting today.
* Jamie Ferris, AAI, CIC, CPIA, of Lansing, N.Y., was elected president. Ferris is president of pw. Wood & Son Inc., in Ithaca, N.Y.
* John R. Tomassi, CPCU, of Clifton Park, N.Y., was elected president-elect. Tomassi is president of the Winfield Group in Clifton Park, N.Y.
* Anthony Kammas of Flushing, N.Y., was elected first vice president. Kammas is president of Skyline Risk Management Inc., in Flushing.
* Tim Dean, CIC, CRM, of Hopewell Junction, N.Y., was re-elected vice president. Dean is president of Marshall & Sterling Inc., in Poughkeepsie, N.Y
* David Sidle II, CIC, CPlA, of Trumansburg, N.Y.. was elected vice president. Sidle is president and CEO of David L. Sidle Agency Inc., in Montour Falls, N.Y.
* Michael Loguercio of Ridge, N.Y., was elected treasurer. Loguercio has been an independent broker since 1978 and is a producer for Atlantic Agency. He also services the insurance industry for Belfor Restoration.
* Gino Orrino, CPIA, of Babylon, N.Y., was elected secretary. Orrino is principal of Orrino Capital Services LLC with offices in Babylon and New York, N.Y.
* Fred Holender, CLU, CPCU, ChFC, MSFS, of Williamsville, N.Y., will serve as immediate past president. He is director of administration for Lawley Services Inc. in Buffalo, N.Y.
PIANY ELECTS 10 TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
GLENMONT, N.Y. -- Professional Insurance Agents of New York State, elected 10 New York professional...