The NBER's Working Group on Organizational Economics met in Cambridge on November 18-19. Director Robert S. Gibbons of MIT organized the meeting. These researchers' papers were presented and discussed:
* Marina Halac, Columbia University, and Pierre Yared, Columbia University and NBER, "Commitment vs. Flexibility with Costly Verification"
* Joshua Gans and Avi Goldfarb, University of Toronto and NBER, and Mara Lederman, University of Toronto, "Exit, Tweets, and Loyalty"
* Wouter Dessein, Columbia University, and Richard Holden, University of New South Wales (Sydney), "Organizations with Power-Hungry Agents"
* Nicholas Bloom, Stanford University and NBER; Erik Brynjolfsson, MIT and NBER; Lucia Foster and Ron S. Jarmin, Bureau of the Census; Megha Patnaik, Stanford University; Itay Saporta-Eksten, Tel Aviv University; and John Van Reenen, MIT and NBER, "What Drives Differences in Management?"
* Miguel Anton and Mireia Gine, University of Navarra; Florian Ederer, Yale University; and Martin C. Schmalz, University of Michigan, "Common Ownership, Competition, and Top Management Incentives"
* Heikki Rantakari, University of Rochester, "Relational Influence"
* Rocco Macchiavello, London School of Economics, and Josepa...