New Mindset Confirms Bias.

Author:Johnson, Darren
 
FREE EXCERPT

My monthly paper, Campus News, runs one political toon we get through a wire service. ("Critical Thinking: Several Newspapers Have Stopped Printing Editorial Cartoons Due to Criticism. Did Those Publications Respond Correctly?" September 2019) We use the same artist every time for consistency. He usually pokes fun at Trump, but I figure--being in New York and serving a college audience--80 percent of our readers probably don't think much of Trump. The other 20 percent are adult enough to realize it's just satire. Our editorial coverage is generally non-political. The cartoonists are expected to be edgier. I live in a rural town, and one of the weekly papers goes the other way, publishing...

To continue reading

FREE SIGN UP