MicroStrategy Incorporated has unveiled MicroStrategy 10.6, the newest feature release to the company's MicroStrategy 10 platform. This update offers new options to distribute dashboards with offline interactivity and introduces an export engine that enhances the formatting and delivery of personalized dashboards to end users across the enterprise. This feature release also adds certification for new data sources and offers new mapping visualization capabilities for MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Mobile. The release of MicroStrategy 10.6 follows the company's recent announcement that MicroStrategy Desktop is available for anyone to download, free of charge.
MicroStrategy 10.6 provides several features that make it easier to deliver and consume analytics across MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Mobile and Usher. Version 10.6 allows users to easily distribute and share MicroStrategy files. These files, which are proprietary dashboard files that are formatted for offline interactivity, can be combined with MicroStrategy Server's distribution services to enable users to:
- schedule the delivery of interactive dashboards for offline analysis based on time, event or threshold triggers;
- subscribe to dashboards with flexible formatting and delivery options that can be managed by the end user;
- perform high-volume report and dashboard bursting in order to reach thousands of users in a highly optimized manner, without running different reports for every user;
- dynamically personalize dashboards, so end users receive relevant, secure information that is based on preconfigured security filters and language options; and
- secure the distribution of MicroStrategy files by halting deliveries when security rules are broken during distribution or subscription.
MicroStrategy files bundle the design components that define a dashboard, such as filters, visualizations, selectors, color themes and logos, as well as the underlying data or database connection information. Users can open, interact and edit MicroStrategy files using MicroStrategy Desktop, even when offline.
MicroStrategy 10.6 delivers a revamped export engine with new capabilities that enhance the ability to share dashboards in PDF format. The new export engine is a separate micro-service and is installed along with MicroStrategy Server, providing flexible deployment options and improved product stability to MicroStrategy customers.
This new feature gives MicroStrategy...