AN INDUSTRY-BY-INDUSTRY LOG OF SELECTED DEVELOPMENTS AT COLORADO BUSINESSES
* Blue Sun Biodiesel, Fort Collins, is supplier to the state's first biodiesel-fuel retail pump, which opened at Bartkus Oil at 3501 Pearl St. in Boulder on Sept. 12. The pump, which is converted to a 20 percent biodiesel blend, is open to public and private-sector fleets as well as privately owned diesel vehicles.
* Galaxy Energy Corp., Denver, has completed a private placement of 7 percent convertible debentures that raised $5.6 million the company plans to use to acquire and initiate drilling on Powder River, Montana, coalbed methane prospects before year-end, said Marc E. Bruner, chairman and CEO of Galaxy. The round of funding was led by Crestview Capital Funds, Chicago.
* Alberta Development Partners LLC, Englewood, has closed a $33 million purchase of seven parcels of land to be developed into the Southlands, a mixed-use retail, residential and commercial project at E-470 and Smoky Hill Road in Aurora. The completed project, valued at more than $250 million, will contain 1.5 million square feet of retail space, 1,100 residential units and 250,000 square feet of commercial space on 301 acres. Pacific Coast Capital of San Francisco participated in funding the purchase.
* Denver-based Red Hawk Industries, which owns the nation's largest network of corporate and financial security and equipment providers, last month opened a new 27,700-square-foot distribution and service center that serves all its Colorado customers, including Wells Fargo, Vectra Bank, US Banks, King Soopers, Pepsi Center, Citywide Banks, Boston Market, Arby's, Chipotle, and many community banks and credit unions. The center, 471 E, 124th Ave. in Thornton, employs more than 70 staff in the areas of sales, service, installation, local dispatch, accounting, warehousing and distribution, training and other support.
* SunCorp Corporate Credit Union has launched SunALM, a new Web-based asset liability management tool for member credit unions. SunALM uses data imported from general ledger, loan, deposit and investment systems, and allows the user to generate required regulatory reporting, and perform online asset liability management simulations SunCorp is a $3 billion financial institution that provides services to more than 540 member credit unions and 50 credit-union service organizations nationwide.
* The Bank at Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will open a...