FEBRUARY 15-18, 2015 * MGM GRAND
LAS VEGAS, NV
At #IFA2015, you will:
* CONK with leading franchise executives who will share their stories of success, mistakes and lessons learned. There is no better venue than IFA 2015 to increase your knowledge and portfolio of contacts.
* Discover the latest NOVATIONS in the marketplace for taking your franchise system to the next level. How can these innovations change the way you run your business? How can you be more efficient? How do you make your brand stand out and appeal to new customers and new franchisees? Innovation is the key to success and you will learn strategies and trends that will inspire you back home.
* EVOLVING and staying ahead of the curve is crucial in today's competitive environment. IFA 2015 features creative ways to evolve your brand so you can grow, increase your customer base and increase your bottom line. It's time--your time--to make a change and IFA 2015 will show you the way.
* Meet cutting-edge, smart and savvy supplier members in our Exhibit Hall who can help build your brand and provide solutions to better your business.
* Hear from first-class business and thought leaders during our high-energy and dynamic general session programs. These are unique venues for gathering thousands of franchisors, franchisees and suppliers to the industry --we will unite and discuss the state of franchising and how we can rally together to protect our time-tested and proven business model.
* Engage in in-depth discussions during interactive concurrent sessions and business solution roundtables on topics ranging from operations, franchise relations, digital marketing & technology, sales & development, international development and more! Our sessions will provide real nuggets of take-home value that will make a difference for your brand.
* Get to know other franchise professionals at a variety of networking events like the one-and-only Taste of Franchising. Everyone is experiencing the same challenges and IFA 2015 will allow time for you to meet your fellow attendees to gain insights, talk through your challenges while making new friends.
* Have fun, learn new business practices and feel inspired!
We would like to invite you to Las Vegas to join thousands of franchise business leaders at the 55th IFA Annual Convention, February 15-18, 2015, for what will be the most rewarding and entertaining meeting you will attend all year.
This year's Convention theme is "Connect. Innovate. Evolve." In light of current legislative, regulatory and economic pressures, now, more than ever, it is essential that we expand our networks and strengthen our existing connections to unite our industry and promote innovation. IFA's Convention--specifically designed for franchisees, franchisors and our steadfast supplier partners that support the franchise industry--is the forum to build and enrich these relationships and ideas. The program will provide information and tools that will allow the franchising community to continue evolving, while we remain diligent and resilient as an industry against the multiple efforts to damage the franchise model.
As always, IFA's Convention will draw top speakers who will share best practices as the industry continues to work its way out of these still challenging economic and public policy times. Our Convention is filled with educational sessions, roundtables, summits and mini-super sessions designed to give you the Latest trends and information in the areas of franchise relations, management and leadership, financing, multi-unit growth, international growth, franchise development, social media and more.
You'll also find the industry's premier exhibit hall showcasing nearly 250 companies offering state-of-the-art tools and resources that franchise professionals need to grow their business.
The Convention Committee has done an excellent job filling the program with top-flight speakers, high-level interactive programming, energizing roundtables, and the best networking anywhere. Our sincere congratulations to the committee for making the 55th IFA Annual Convention a must-attend event.
You don't want to miss the best franchising event of the year. Register today at convention.franchise.org, or use the form found at the back of this brochure. We Look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas in February, where we will deliver another meaningful program for our great industry.
Stephen J. Caldeira, CFE
President & CEO
CEO, Choice Hotels International
SCHEDULE AT-A-GLANCE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2015 9:00 am - 5:00 pm World Franchise Council Meeting # 7:00 pm World Franchise Council Dinner # SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2015 7:30 am - 10:00 am ICFE Registration 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Concurrent ICFE Special Sessions ## 9:00 am - 5:00 pm World Franchise Council Meeting # 11:30 am - 4:30 pm Franchising Gives Back ## 11:30 am - 1:00 pm ICFE Special Session Lunch ## 7:00 pm Executive Committee Dinner (by invitation only) 7:00 pm World Franchise Council Dinner # SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2015 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Registration 8:00 am - 10:00 am VetFran Committee 8:00am - 10:00am Membership Committee 8:00 am - 10:00 am Legal Legislative Committee 8:00 am - 10:00 am Marketing & Information Technology Committee 8:00 am - 10:00 am Diversity Institute Advisory Board 8:00 am - 10:30am Finance Committee 8:30 am - 10:30 am Women's Franchise Committee 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Concurrent ICFE Special Sessions ## 10:00 am - 12:00 noon Franchise Relations Committee 10:00 am - 12:00 noon Franchising in the Social SectorTask Force 10:00 am - 12:00 noon IFA Executive Committee 11:30 am - 1:00 pm ICFE Special Sessions Lunch ## 11:30 am - 12:45 pm Leadership Conference Lunch ## 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm IFA Board of Directors' Meeting 1:00 pm - 5:45 pm Annual Leadership Conference ## 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Supplier Forum Orientation 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm New Member Orientation 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm New Member and First-Time Attendee Reception 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm NextGen in Franchising Reception 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Taste of Franchising 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm IFA Board of Directors' Dinner with the World Franchise Council (by invitation only) MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2015 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Registration 7:00am - 7:30am Supplier Forum Executive Committee 7:15am - 8:45am Prayer Breakfast ## 7:30 am - 9:00 am Supplier Forum Advisory Board & Membership Meeting 8:00 am - 10:00 am Franchisor Forum (d) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon International Summit-Track One (d) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon International Summit-Track Two (a) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon Franchisee Leadership Summit (c) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon Digital Marketing & Technology Summit (b) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon New Markets Summit 9:00 am - 12:00 noon NextGen in Franchising Summit (f) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon Elements of Successful Franchising (c) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon Franchise Relations Summit (a) 9:00 am - 12:00 noon Financial Summit (c) 9:00am - 12:00 noon Franchise Development/ Sales Summit 9:00 am - 11:00 am Past Chairmen's Council 10:30 am - 12:00 noon Mini Super Sessions * Getting Your Front Line to Care About Your Bottom Line: How Great Leaders in Franchising are Attracting Superstar Employees and Motivating them to Perform Better, Work Harder, and Stay Longer * The C-Suite With Jeffrey Hayzlett * 7 Traits of a Successful Leader 11:30 am - 12:30 pm FranPAC VIP Reception ## 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Opening General Session & Luncheon 2:45 pm - 4:15pm CONCURRENT SESSIONS (c) * International--News From Around the World (b) * Milestone& Mindsets: How to Generate Qualified, Coachable Candidates Who Become High-Performance Franchisees (e) * SF Best Practices Workshop: Effective Use of Outsourced Suppliers (e) * Best Practices for Newer Franchisors (e) * Preventing Fraud--How Secure Are Your Company's Assets? (i) * Recruiting and Hiring "Best Practices" of Veterans & How a Franchise Brand Can Better Engage (i) * Getting Things Done: Creating a Culture of Execution and Accountability (e) * Employees Make or Break Your Brand: Real Life Lessons from Undercover Bosses (a) * Failure is Notan Option: Howto Get Past Tragedy to Triumph (b) * How to Adapt Your Franchise Sales Process to Changing Buyer Behavior (c) * Harnessing the Power of Your System: How to Gain Franchisee Support for Strategic Initiatives (g) * From Strategy to Execution: Delivering Super-Charged Grand Openings (g) * Think Big: Creative Social Media Campaigns (e) * The Meeting of the Future: It's An Art and a Science (b) * Casting a Wider Net-The Rules of the Road to Non-Traditional Venues (f) People-The Essential Element for Growth 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm NextGen in Franchising Roundtables 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm International Committee Meeting 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm Chairman's Reception w/ Exhibitors 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm International Reception 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm VetFran Chairman's Corps Reception TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2015 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Registration 8:00 am - 10:00 am SuperSession w / Continental Breakfast 10:15 am - 11:45 am CONCURRENT SESSIONS (c) * Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands: Negotiating, Managing and Communicating Internationally (b) * SF Best Practices Workshop: Nontraditional Sources for Franchise Leads (i) * Optimizing Franchisor and Franchisee Performance Through Good Communications (f) * Convention Strategies-Retention, Growth and Changed Outcomes; Are You Getting Results from Your Annual Meeting? (i) * Social Sector Franchising (e) * Franchising Under Attack: How Recent & Proposed Legislation Affects Your Bottom Line (e) * Where is The Point of No Return in Guiding Franchisees in People Matters? (i) * Human Productivity-The Secret Sauce of the Successful Franchisor (b) * Referral Networks: Maximizing Growth and Candidate Quality from this Important Lead Source (e) * SF Best Practices Workshop: Cyber Security & Data Privacy Protection: Practical Steps to Manage This Potentially Brand Threating Risk (g) * Marketing Best Practices for Driving More Leads and Sales...