As this year comes to a close, we are looking forward to 2020 and the many new opportunities it will offer. We're rolling out a new website, implementing a document management system to streamline award applications, revamping our certification program, refreshing Government Finance Review, and launching GFOAs e-learning platform. We're also busy planning for the annual conference in New Orleans, many other training seminars (both in-person and remote),expanding our leadership academy, and releasing a revised Blue-Book. But before we jump headlong into the next year, I'd like to reflect on what we've achieved in the last 12 months at GFOA. Let's celebrate the top moments from 2019.
* GFOA Hits the 20,000-Member Threshold. We now have 20,600 members.
* GFOA's Record-Breaking Annual Conference in Los Angeles. The annual conference in 2019 was the largest in GFOA's history.
* Financial Foundations for Thriving Communities. GFOA released its latest publication and is establishing a networking group and new resources to help governments build a solid financial foundation.
* New Leadership Academy Launches. GFOA hosted its first leadership academy at the College of Charleston.
* First Annual HERO Award. GFOA recognized four finance officers who have demonstrated extraordinary actions during a time of crisis.
* New Code of Ethics. GFOA's new code of ethics makes difficult decisions easier.
* Mini-Muni Conference. GFOA's first-ever Mini-Muni...