celebrating 50 years
focusing on the business and technology of managing records and information
feel the excitement!
Chicago is the place to be September 18-21, as ARMA International comes to town for its 50th Annual Conference and Expo!
ARMA '05: Chicago will offer up innovative solutions to some of the hottest issues you deal with when managing records and information, including:
* Managing records and information in a global organization
* Building an effective working relationship between IT and records management
* Gaining executive support for the records and information management program
* Training employees on how to manage records and information
* Meeting legal and regulatory requirements
* Protecting your organization's intellectual property
This year's conference includes more than 80 educational sessions in four tracks: The Business of RIM, Legal/Compliance Issues, Information Technology and Management, and Career Development--plus four cutting-edge pre-conference programs (see opposite page).
No matter what your experience level is, you'll have more than enough opportunities from which to choose.
ARMA '05 Expo offers additional educational opportunities as well as the latest products and services for effectively managing records and information. More than 200 of the leading industry vendors will be available to you September 18-20.
To top it off, you'll be there to help ARMA celebrate its 50th anniversary and anticipate its future. Education, networking, excitement, fun--it's all at ARMA '05: Chicago. Register early for big savings!
Get all the details at www.arma.org/conference
focusing on ...
Pre-conference Seminars (Friday and Saturday, Sept. 16-17)
Electronic Records Management:
Issues and Solutions
Looking for in-depth, solutions-oriented, practical training in managing electronic records? Back by popular demand, ARMA international and AIIM present Electronic Records Management: Issues and Solutions. This pre-conference seminar will focus on enterprise-wide implementation and management of electronic records programs. It will examine each of the building blocks that comprise a top-notch electronic records management (ERM) program and identify potential pitfalls.
This seminar is designed to facilitate a team approach to ERM programs. You'll learn how to integrate the latest compliance regulations, end-user requirements, retention policies, and software selection, creating a complete picture of that state-of-the-art ERM program.
Who should attend?
* Records and information managers
* Information technologists
* Information management compliance team members
* CIOs and CTOs
* Business-line managers responsible for ERM implementation
The Changing Landscape of E-records and Regulations
Are you concerned your healthcare-based organization is not meeting the latest guidelines for electronic records retention and management? This program will engage individuals in the healthcare profession, as well as government regulators, legal experts, and practicing records managers, by clarifying their direction in the national initiative toward electronic records retention and management, greater regulatory controls, and greater patient initiatives.
This two-day program will feature interactive town hall discussions, insightful presentations, and practical case studies.
Legal: Tools of the Trade
Have the attorneys in your legal firm asked your advice regarding records management on behalf of their clients? This program will give you the tools you need to become a greater resource to your organization. Learn about new and exciting advancements in the legal records management world and their impact on your firm. Acquire practical solutions to ensure that you have the tools you need to do your job effectively in the legal environment. Hear from malpractice insurance carriers regarding what you should be doing to run a compliant records and conflicts program.
Records a Information Management: The Fundamentals
Not sure where to start with your records and information management program? Presented by Mark Langemo, Ph.D., CRM, FAI, this comprehensive two-day seminar packed with examples and resources will get you up to speed in no time.
This program will focus on
* Demonstrating practical approaches for developing and strengthening organization-wide records management programs
* Using the advantages of electronic records and proven strategies for going electronic in your organization
* Examining the value of developing and implementing legally valid records retention programs and management of inactive and vital records
And much more.
An Abundance of Education
Effectively managing records and information requires cutting-edge solutions. The following are just a few examples of the educational sessions that will make ARMA '05: Chicago the event of the year:
The Business of RIM
* Delivering a Global Records Management Program
* Marketing Your Records and Information Management Program
* How to Build a Business Process-Based Records Retention Schedule (A New Model)
* RIM Checklist for Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and Closings
* The World of Privacy and Data Protection
* Corporate Governance/Compliance: How U.S.-Based Rules Impact Non-U.S.-Based Companies
* E-mail Archiving, Records Retention, and Active Policy Management
* A Risk Management Approach to RM
* The 7-Step Roadmap to Better E-Discovery Management
Information Technology & Management
* Trustworthy Information Systems A Model that Works
* Records Management and Information Technology: Bridging the Chasm of Misunderstanding
* Implementing EDMS--More than Just Software
* Avoiding the Perils of Imaging and Document Management System Implementations
* Emerging Technologies 2006
* Building Management and Leadership Skills
* Taking a Leadership Role on IT Issues
* Leadership and Management Coaching: Communication Training That's "State of the Heart"
* Developing Records Retention Schedules: The Project Plan
Monday, September 19
"You cannot stop change, but you can shape it to your advantage."
Innovations in science and technology continue to give us "new tools" to greatly increase our productivity and efficiency in all areas of our business. Knowing what these tools are and how to creatively apply them is vital to maintaining your competitive edge. Futurist Daniel Burrus will offer valuable insights into present and future opportunities that are made possible by rapid advances in technology.
In his forward-thinking presentation--FUTUREVIEW[R]: A Look Ahead--Burrus will provide solid evidence supporting the view that change is opportunity as you learn how to strategically position your organization to thrive in the constantly changing technological and economic climate.
Wednesday, September 21
"We all have a Mount Everest somewhere in our life and the key to success is much the same."
Today's ever-changing business environment demands that individuals go where they have never been before. This is a reality for records and information management professionals as businesses continue to grapple with electronic records, compliance, and global business issues.
in Everest: The Challenge in All of Us, author, adventurer, and award-winning photographer Brian O'Malley will reveal the relationship between the challenge of climbing Mount Everest and the challenges we all face in the business world today. You will be awed by this inspiring multimedia presentation featuring a powerful blend of photography, music, and personal experience. O'Malley's program will give you a new perspective on your professional challenges and opportunities.
Full program details are available at www.arma.org/conference.
conference schedule Friday, September 16 Pre-conference Seminars (Hyatt Regency) 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday, September 17 Pre-conference Seminars (Hyatt Regency) 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Region Meetings (Hyatt Regency) 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. International Meeting and Networking (Hyatt Regency) 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m...