At the 126th Congress of Correction in Nashville, Tenn., ACA established an exciting honor, the Exemplary Offender Program Award, to be given to a deserving program serving adult or juvenile offenders. The purpose of this award is to broaden the knowledge of successful program interventions throughout ACA and to annually recognize an outstanding correctional program.
Nominations must be received at ACA's headquarters by June 1. Nominees must address each criterion in full, and the awardee must satisfactorily document compliance with each criterion. Nominations must include an endorsement signature by the chief executive officer or governing body. ACA members may nominate programs. Please provide your membership number below.
Entries should include the following information:
* The official entry form;
* A summary addressing each award criterion, not to exceed three single-spaced pages.
(Please remember to submit only three pages this rule will be strictly enforced. Since the Awards Committee will be looking for superior performance in the criteria noted on the entry forms, it will help your case to organize the presentation around those criteria.);
* One set of relevant supporting documentation; and
* Eligibility screening sheet.
Each program nominated for the Exemplary Offender Program Award must demonstrate compliance with the following:
* The program must have a clear and specific purpose, stated in a formal mission statement.
* The program must have specific and measurable goals and objectives.
* The program must be currently operating and have met its stated objectives for...