COVID-19 has millions of people under lockdown and companies are having their staff work from home, but remote work is notoriously hard to transition to, points out Moe Vela of TransparentBusiness. Here are his top tips to make things easier:
* Create a routine and make this your new normal. Self-discipline is required; set real work hours and get your tasks done.
* Establish boundaries between work and personal life; create a designated work space; and remember to practice self-care (that does not include social media).
* Loyalty is key. It fosters trust. Remember that your employer is worried about productivity and efficiency, so do your part to mitigate that concern.
* Engage in constant communication with your colleagues and managers. It is important that communication remain strong if not stronger.
* When appropriate and feasible...