The NBER's Working Group on Entrepreneurship, supported by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, met in Cambridge on December 9. Director Antoinette Schoar of MIT and Research Associate Josh Lerner of Harvard University organized the meeting. These researchers' papers were presented and discussed:
* Zhao Chen, Fudan University (Shanghai); Zhikuo Liu, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; and Juan Carlos Suarez Serrato and Daniel Xu, Duke University and NBER, "Notching R&D Investment with Corporate Income Tax Cuts in China"
* Juanita Gonzalez-Uribe and Daniel Paravisini, London School of Economics, "How Sensitive Is Investment to the Cost of Outside Equity? Evidence from a U.K. Tax Relief "
* Morten Bennedsen, INSEAD (Fontainebleau); Margarita Tsoutsoura, University of Chicago; and Daniel Wolfenzon, Columbia University and NBER, "Drivers of Effort: Evidence from Employee Absenteeism"
* Sabrina T. Howell, New York University, "Learning and Success in Entrepreneurship"
* William Mullins, University of...