It's time to vie for the world's premier communication award: Enter your best work in the IABC Gold Quill Awards program. Winning a Gold Quill gets you:
* Recognition for your communication excellence on a global scale.
* A stronger resume that will raise your professional profile.
* A reputation that precedes you.
* New respect from your boss for making a real difference.
* The personal brand of an innovator.
The early-bird deadline, with a discount on entry fees, is 31 January. The final deadline is 10 March. For more information, visit gq.iabc.com.
Study links culture of trust to employee social media use
Findings from the first Social Workplace Trust Study are now available on IABC's website. The study, conducted by Human 1.0 in partnership with IABC, the Great Place to Work Institute and the Society for New Communications Research, reveals a correlation between workplace trust and the use of social media.
The white paper identifies 11 key findings, including:
* Senior/executive leadership respondents believe that they have a more open, honest and inclusive workplace environment than lower-level respondents report having.
* Companies are sending mixed messages about how they would like employees to engage on social media: 71 percent of respondents state that their company permits social media use during work hours, yet 54 percent say that their company does not provide training on...