The primary responsibility of the Military Advisor is to provide counsel and support to the Secretary in affairs relating to the coordination and execution of policy and operations between DHS and DOD.
By preserving our freedoms, protecting America ... we secure our Homeland.
The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cyber-security analyst to chemical facility inspector. Our duties are wide-ranging, but our goal is clear--keeping America safe. Our mission gives us five main areas of responsibility:
Guarding against Terrorism
Securing our Borders
Enforcing our Immigration Laws
Improving our Readiness for, Response to, and Recovery from Disasters
Maturing and Unifying the Department
In achieving these goals, we are continually strengthening our partnerships with communities, first responders, law enforcement, and government agencies--at the state, local, tribal, federal, and international levels. We are accelerating the deployment of science, technology, and innovation in order to make America more secure, and we are becoming leaner, smarter, and more efficient, ensuring that every security resource is used as effectively as possible.
Components of DHS (Select agency profiles follow):
* Directorate for National Protection and Programs
* Directorate for Science & Technology
* Directorate for Management
* Office of Policy
* Office of Health Affairs
* Office of Intelligence and Analysis
* Office of Operations Coordination
* Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
* Domestic Nuclear Detection Office
* Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
* US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
* US Citizenship and Immigration Services
* US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
* United States Coast Guard
* Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
* US Secret Service
The TSA protects the Nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.
The TSA will continuously set the standard for excellence in transportation security through its people, processes, and technologies.
Excellence in public service through: Integrity; Innovation; Team...