Michael Scott, SES, Vice Director
Kristin French, Chief of Staff
CMDCM Shaun Brahmsteadt, USN
Senior Enlisted Leader
As the nation's combat logistics support agency, the DLA manages the global supply chain--from raw materials to end user to disposition--for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, 10 combatant commands, other federal agencies, and partner and allied nations.
DLA also supplies 86 percent of the military's spare parts and nearly 100 percent of fuel and troop support consumables, manages the reutilization of military equipment, provides catalogs and other logistics information products, and offers document automation and production services to a host of military and federal agencies.
Headquartered at Fort Belvoir, VA, DLA is a global enterprise--wherever the United States has a significant military presence, DLA is there to support. DLA facts:
* DLA provides more than $35 billion in goods and services annually
* Employs about 27,000 civilians and military
* Supports more than 2,300 weapon systems
* Manages nine supply chains and about 5 million items
* Administers the storage and disposal of strategic and critical materials to support national defense
* Operates in most states and 28 countries
* Operates a global network of distribution centers
* Leads DOD's efforts to supply the military services with alternative fuel and renewable energy solutions
* Supports disaster response and humanitarian relief efforts at home and abroad
* Supports other federal agencies, state and local governments with items such as uniforms, food and fuel
DLA MAJOR SUBORDINATE COMMANDS
* DLA Land & Maritime, Columbus, OH--Manages the supply chain for ground-based and maritime weapons systems repair parts, small arms parts and fluid-handling systems, www.dla.mil/landandmaritime
* DLA Aviation, Richmond, VA--Manages the supply chain for aviation weapons systems repair parts, flight safety equipment, maps, environmental products and industrial plant equipment. www.dla.mil/aviation
* DLA Troop Support, Philadelphia, PA--Manages the supply chains for food, textiles, construction material, industrial hardware and medical supplies/equipment, including pharmaceuticals. www.dla.mil/troopsupport
* DLA Energy, Fort Belvoir, VA--Manages the supply chain for petroleum and lubrication products, alternative fuel/renewable energy, aerospace energy; provides fuel quality/technical support, fuel card programs and installation energy services...