The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is governed by a corporate board of directors who oversee the affairs of the association. There will be four board positions up for election in 2019:
* Region 4 vice-president (represents Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin; 3-year term);
* Region 6 vice-president (represents Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio; 3-year term);
* Region 9 vice-president (represents Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont; 3-year term); and
* second vice-president (national offi cer; 5-year term that progresses through the national offi ces and will serve as NEHA president in 2022-2023).
We seek diversity on the board in terms of gender, ethnicity, and a balance between regulatory offi cials, academia, and industry. Most importantly, we want people who will help us develop a new strategic vision, have experience managing diverse organizations and can open doors for NEHA in building relationships with industry, academia, federal and state agencies, foundations, and other associations.
Requirements to serve on the board include
* membership with NEHA (individual or...