Jackson, Mitchell, Cassady, Woodson, Riis, J.
• Michael W. Jackson, district attorney for the Fourth Judicial Circuit, has been named to the Centre College Alumni Association Board of Directors.
• Kasdin Miller Mitchell of Washington, D.C. has been selected a 2017 John Marshall Fellow.
• The Federal Magistrate Judges Association (FMJA), during its annual convention in August, presented United States Magistrate Judge William E. Cassady with its Founders Award. This award is the most prestigious honor bestowed by the FMJA and is presented to those who have made valuable and lasting contributions to the Magistrate Judges system of the United States courts.
• Marcus M. Maples, a shareholder in the Birmingham office of Baker Donel-son, was recently elected to a one-year term as president-elect of the Alabama Lawyers Association.
• Frank Woodson, who practices in Beasley Allen's mass torts section, was inducted as president of the Alabama Association for Justice at the organization's annual meeting in June.
• Bradley recently announced that Marc James Ayers, a partner in the firm's Birmingham office, has been reappointed to the Alabama Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He previously served a two-year term (2014-2016).
Tripp Haston, a partner in Bradley's Birmingham office, has been appointed the 2018 dean of the Corporate Counsel College.
Bradley also announced that Jimmy Long, a partner in...