AquaFold (an Idera, Inc. company) has released Aqua Data Studio version 20.5 with support for Amazon RDS databases. This provides users an all-in-one integrated development environment (IDE) for cloud-based database deployments.
According to Dataversity1, 46% of database managers and administrators plan to use cloud-based relational databases in the next year or two. While cloud computing lowers costs and improves flexibility and scalability, working with multiple cloud-based database platforms can quickly change the equations. Multiple vendor tools are often needed to effectively manage these complex environments.
Aqua Data Studio (ADS) is a versatile IDE for databases and visual analytics. Version 20.5 expands support to include multiple database systems hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments such as Amazon RDS, including Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB. The latest version of ADS improves accessibility and management for cloud-hosted relational databases and streamlines operations with a single tool. In addition, ADS provides DBAs and developers more robust platform support than other database IDE tools.
Aqua Data Studio also has enhanced functionality for both relational and NoSQL environments. The latest release also includes other key platform and feature updates including:
New database platform support for Amazon RDS cloud deployments
- Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB
Updates for platform support
- MongoDB Version 3.6 and 4.0 - PostgreSQL Version 11 - Hortonworks (HDP) Version 3.0.1 - Snowflake: table cloning, role switching, stage object enhancement - Platform drivers: Snowflake, SQLite, Informix, and more
- Google BigQuery Select Query Validator: assess a query for validation and view the potential impact prior to committing it to the cloud platform.
- SSH tunnel connection configuration: configure SSH tunnel connections, including port forwarding and server connections bound to the tunnels.
- Windows SQL Scheduler GUI interface: perform scheduling for SQL in Windows, and easily schedule scripts with tasks for future execution.
More and more organizations are turning to the cloud to offload administrative burdens, and provide better service at less cost, securely, with automation and accessibility, said Lisa Waugh, senior product manager at IDERA. This latest release of Aqua Data Studio streamlines database operations in Amazon RDS, providing...