Vol. 22 Nbr. 3, May 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- High-fructose corn syrup.
- Calm vegetarian.
- Underused lands.
- Worry about water.
- Scientists sound alarm on ocean acidification.
- Water efficiency is key to saving energy, expert says.
- China low on a strategic reserve: pork.
- Ecosystem markets take off.
- Bearing children not always a woman's choice.
- In Amsterdam, the bicycle still rules.
- More folks.
- Not cool.
- Role reversal.
- Sick ships.
- Transit trance.
- Is local food better? Yes, probably--but not in the way many people think.
- Sea power: no, not fleets of warships--this power comes from warm and cold running water.
- Community-supported agriculture.
- A hard life, especially for rural women.
- Projecting population: population forecasts depend on assumptions--and can be wildly wrong.
- Child mortality drops below 10 million.
- "I will point Out hypocrisy".
- The living earth ethical principles: life of service and prepare for a changing world.
- Friends of Worldwatch.
- Investing in war and peace.