Vol. 68 Nbr. 6, November - November 2016
> SIGN UP FREE
- Checking in ahead of year-end.
- Wayne Hamilton.
- TEI appointed as member of the European Commission's VAT Expert Group.
- TEI holds liaison meeting with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
- Treasury includes TEI recommendations in final section 385 regulations.
- Hosts 2017 opening meeting.
- Mitch Frank.
- Mourns past president Mike Martello (December 14, 1941-July 1, 2016).
- Federal tax: sections 355, 382, and 385; and new rules on partnership audits dominate landscape.
- International tax: a whole new world for intangibles.
- Celebrating milestone chapter anniversaries: from five to seventy years old, TEI chapters hit the mark.
- Remembering Matthew, Ken, and Phil: three giants who changed the practice of tax.
- What keeps CTOs up at night: retroactivity issues and the Apple case may trigger some angst, but what often cause concern for CTOs on the firing line are business developments they don't know about.
- Audited consolidating financial statements: Tax Executives Institute, Inc. and TEI Education Fund.
- TEI comments on section 385 proposed regulations allowing IRS to recharacterize related-party debt to equity.
- TEI comments on OECD PE profit attribution draft.
- TEI comments on OECD profit split guidance.
- TEI issues policy statement on retroactive tax legislation.
- TEI files recommendations with British Columbia's Commission on Tax Competitiveness.
- U.S. Postal Service statement of ownership, management, and circulation (required by 39 U.S.C. 3685).
- Continuing education calendar.
- The intersection of customs and tax disciplines: which tail, which dog?
- Tax reformers consider cash flow business taxes, VATs, and integration.
- Access granted: the campaign.