Vol. 68 Nbr. 4, July 2016
> SIGN UP FREE
- Thank you.
- Barbara Young.
- TEI SALT Committee holds liaison meetings.
- TEI holds liaison meeting with the British Columbia Ministry of Finance.
- Celebrates Fiftieth Annual Canadian Tax Conference.
- Hosts All-Day CPE Event.
- Awards TEI graduate assistantship.
- Celebrates four years of scholarships.
- Hosts annual tax conference.
- Presents scholarships at All-Day Meeting.
- Angela Wallace.
- Sauce for the goose: standards applicable to taxpayers, practitioners - and the IRS; the contention among the parties results not from a lack of reasonable standards, but rather from an apparent failure by some IRS personnel to follow those standards in practice and the relative lack of accountability.
- Proposed related-party debt vs. equity regulations: section 385 - reactions and practical responses; the proposed rules ignore commercial realities, create a bias toward third-party borrowing and equity investments, and mandate significant reporting obligations - but what can taxpayers do?
- Technology standards & the tax function: hosting issues, cloud-based data aggregation, and cybersecurity protection - mixed in with corporate tax requirements - are among the key concerns.
- TEI comments on proposed country-by-country reporting regulations.
- TEI issues policy statement on statutes of limitation for state and local taxes.
- Continuing Education calendar.
- 'Economic pressure' enough for sales tax? Relying on Quill may be hazardous.
- Introducing the new TEI chapter leaders, 2016-17.