Vol. 68 Nbr. 3, May 2016
> SIGN UP FREE
- In the home stretch.
- Karlene Burrell.
- Successful 66th midyear conference!(INSTITUTE NEWS) (Conference news)
- Mourns passing of past President Naughton.
- Performs community service.
- Celebrates sixty years.
- Honors Carita Twinem with Meritorious Service Award.
- Martina Krummen.
- Canadian sales tax reform: how the U.S. neighbor to the north transitioned from a multistage sales tax to an almost fully harmonized single VAT - in just one century.
- Trends and developments in Canadian tax controversy and jurisprudence: transfer pricing issues, increases in voluntary disclosures, and procedural disputes are among major developments, but what will happen in 2016 - and beyond?
- Six past TEI presidents from Canada share their stories: spanning four decades, there's a lot to learn from these former head honchos.
- TEI issues five state and local tax policy statements.
- TEI, Commissioner of Internal Revenue, and Large Business & International Division liaison meeting.
- TEI, Treasury Department, and Office of Tax Policy liaison meeting.
- TEI comments on Georgia Department of Revenue proposed amendments to rule 560-12-1-.16.
- Continuing education calendar.
- Corporate tax professionals' greatest challenges require forward-looking technology.
- An LB&I reorganization overview.