Vol. 17 Nbr. 1, February 2012
- A question of taste: touchstones for determining the certifiability of classwide claims for declaratory and injunctive relief under Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Claim accrual under the Federal Tort Claims Act: when should claimants file suit against the Federal Bureau of Investigation for tort liability?
- Firearms identification: the need for a critical approach to, and possible guidelines for, the admissibility of 'ballistics' evidence.
- Swept under the rug: the Brady disclosure obligation in a pre-plea context.
- Closing the loophole in Massachusetts protection order legislation to provide greater security for victims of sexual assault: has Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 258E closed it enough?
- CAFA's impact on forum shopping and the manipulation of the civil justice system.
- Constitutional law - in protecting one's right to speak, the First Amendment also protects one's right to lie - 281 Care Committee v. Arneson, 638 F.3d 621 (8th cir. 2011).
- Criminal law - use of equitable tolling to enforce violations of supervised release after original term has expired - United States v. Buchanan, 638 F.3d 448 (4th cir. 2011).