Vol. 35 Nbr. 2, December 2008
- Introduction: twentieth-century writers as public intellectuals.
- Virginia Woolf & Vera Brittain: pacifism and the gendered politics of public intellectualism.
- Storm Jameson: artist, activist, and "Cassandra".
- Rebecca West as artist and intellectual: roaming outside the herd.
- Ayn Rand as public intellectual: notes from the margin.
- Octavio Paz's perspectives on politics: the other voice.
- Gunter Grass as literary intellectual: memory, ambiguity, and constructive conflict.
- George Orwell: politics, rhetoric, and the public intellectual.