Vol. 44 Nbr. 3, March 2018
> SIGN UP FREE
- Early Childhood Expertise.
- Former Editor of State Legislatures Magazine Retires.
- NCSL EXPERTISE.
- Tax Reform for the Digital Age.
- VISION AND VALUES: A mission statement can bolster unity and motivate legislative staff.
- Blockchain Faces Taxing Times.
- Campaign Finance Laws Get Tweaked.
- States Declare Porn a Health Crisis.
- Experience With Paid Family Leave Grows.
- Women Gain Seats at the Legislative Table.
- READY OR NOT: PREPARING YOUNG PEOPLE TO BE ON THEIR OWN IS ESSENTIAL AS THEY TRANSITION OUT OF FOSTER CARE.
- FROM PLAYERS TO PARTNERS: States are looking for ways to attract and keep more foster parents as caseloads increase.
- DOGGING AND DRIVING.
- GOLDEN STATE HANGS TEN.
- NO NEED TO TEXT BACK.
- SICK DAYS? PLEASE.
- BAD HAIR DAY.
- INFECTION AWARENESS AT SCHOOL.
- RESCUE ON THE MENU.
- SAY WHAT?
- Sage Advice From Seasoned Leaders: With a collective 30 years of service, these retired legislative leaders have plenty of wisdom to share.
- GROUNDBREAKING SAFETY: With all the pipeline in the ground beneath us, states want people to check before they dig.
- Been There, Done That: These three house clerks feel a special empathy toward legislators.
- How does ethics oversight work?
- Linda Upmeyer: Speaker, Iowa House.