Right of publicity: analysis, valuation, and the law
- American Bar Association
- Publication date:
- Weston Anson
Historic Foundation and Current Legal Status
- Historic Foundation and Current Legal Status
- Legal and Commercial Foundations for Rights of Publicity
- Origins, Definitions, and Early Right of Publicity Cases
- The Base for Right of Publicity Laws and Protection
- Federal and State Claims, Defenses, and Exemptions: A Guide for Legal and Business Advisors
- Which States Protect Rights of Publicity, and What Do They Protect?
- International Protection Can Be Even More Problematic
Who Cares How Much Your Client’s Brand Is Really Worth? And Why?
- Who Cares How Much Your Client's Brand Is Really Worth? And Why?
- The Parallels between Traditional Brands and Celebrity Brands
- Multiple Stakeholders Care about the Value of Celebrity Rights of Publicity and Their Brands
- The Need to Establish Right of Publicity Values
- Does Celebrity Endorsement Work?
Valuation of Right of Publicity and Pricing of Deals
- Valuation of Right of Publicity and Pricing of Deals
- Valuation of Rights of Publicity and Other Intellectual Property Assets
- Challenges in Rights of Publicity Valuation
- Factors, Influences, and Pricing in Celebrity Deals
- Four Factors (Plus One) Driving Celebrity Endorsements
- Anatomy of a Right of Publicity Contract: Bonanza or a Bargain Basement Deal
- Final Thoughts
- About the Author