Vol. 48 Nbr. 8, January 2017
> SIGN UP FREE
- Welcome to the new reason.
- Trump and the power of the presidency: the case for limited government is more compelling than ever.
- The unkillable two-party system: governors and comedians unite to lock in the stupid status quo.
- Forensic Science is a mess, and the justice department wants to keep it that way.
- Is kratom the new Marijuana? The DEA moves toward a ban on another plant with promising medical properties.
- My kid packs heat: I taught my 10-year-old to shoot a gun. You should too.
- Why stronger economic growth is so important.
- Love your homemade ouilt? Thank capitalism. How industrialization keeps you warm at night.
- A free market friend at the FTC: meet Federal Trade Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen.
- Stuck: a reason writer returns to Appalachia to ask: Why don't people who live in places with no opportunityjust leave?
- The secret dangerous world of Venezuelan bitcoin mining: how cryptocurrency is turning socialism against itself.
- Penn Jillette: loses 100 pounds, doubles down on libertarianism, and gets replaced by a robot.
- Biofuels are dirtier than you think.
- Can't afford a lawyer? No free speech for you. Colorado campaign finance regulations censor ordinary citizens.
- The hidden mind: a best-selling Chinese science fiction series on how to survive aliens and authoritarians comes to America.
- Dirty words: if you can't say something nice, go right ahead.
- California should be more like Texas: Golden State reforms are overhyped.
- 99% invisible.
- Good vibrations.
- Mary + Jane.
- The realist cartoons.
- From the archives.