Vol. 145 Nbr. 13, April - April 2013
> SIGN UP FREE
- Analyze the photo.
- Analyze the political cartoon.
- Dear teachers.
- Counterfeit drugs.
- The world's first heart patients?
- Cuddly, but deadly.
- I.B.M.'s 'chef' Watson.
- Keeping their pants on.
- $2 million.
- 1,595 pounds.
- Communist hairdos--and don'ts.
- Driver-friendly playlists.
- Korean war part 2? Sixty years after the end of the war, tensions are rising on the Korean peninsula.
- You may now kiss the computer: in the latest challenge to traditional ideas about marriage, more couples are saying "I do" online.
- Invasion of the drones? A variety of unmanned aircraft may soon be flying in U.S. skies--and that's raising Constitutional concerns.
- The teen who helped start a revolution: a conflict that has killed 70,000 people in Syria and threatens to destabilize the entire Middle East began with a group of teenagers and a simple act of defiance.
- Arab spring update.
- Going, going, gone? In this essay, a scientist argues that we're headed for another mass extinction like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.
- Freedom fighters: fifty years ago, thousands of young people in Alabama put their lives on the line to fight racial segregation.
- Should the U.S. shrink its military? With the Afghanistan war winding down, Washington is taking a hard look at the size of America's armed forces.
- Do honor codes promote cheating?