Vol. 137 Nbr. 4, November 2004
- Game show.
- Letter from the editor.
- Young voters stay away on election day.
- An artisan puts the finishing touches on a sand sculpture of the elephant-headed god Ganesh on a beach in Puri, India, during a recent Hindu festival.
- Shades of Star Trek.
- How much do you tip the president?
- Numbers in the news.
- Tackling a new role.
- Tuning in: young voters are showing intense interest in this year's presidential election. But will they show up at the polls?
- World Affairs Annual.
- The world in focus.
- Hard-working families that can't get ahead.
- The rise of China's techies.
- Why democracy is a great insurgency buster.
- Should the minimum wage be increased? Depending on which expert you ask, raising the minimum wage (now $5.15 an hour) will help or hurt low-income workers.