Vol. 9 Nbr. 7, August 2008
> SIGN UP FREE
- Beyond the ABCs.
- It's never too late to ... intrinsic Coach Rudy Rodriguez explains the importance of learning something new, and area experts answer our questions about their activity to prove you can still tackle it, no matter your age or skill level.
- When learning isn't easy: Dr. Ed Hamlin provides a crash course in brain functioning and outlines holistic treatments for ADD/ADHD.
- Unlearning: Jonathon Flaum shares three steps we can take to unlearn negative habits and feelings we thought would stick around forever.
- Mentorship and Maya healing: NLJ's interview with Rosita Arvigo: herbalists Maria Muscarella and Nikki Solomon interview the renowned practitioner about learning from lineage and passing on those lessons.
- Leave Carpal tunnel's darkness behind with yoga: Lillah Schwartz demonstrates a series of poses that can provide your wrists some relief.
- So you want to be an herbalist? Clinical herbalist and herbal educator Bevin Clare breaks down what you'll need to know to get started working with medicinal plants.
- Grow veggies and minds in the garden: Susan Carrara explains that a hands-on learning opportunity lies right out your back door.
- Local school raises funds for clean water.
- Mountain housing receives grants for CFLS.
- Rain barrel kits available.
- Music festival's proceeds to benefit area green organizations.
- Area farmers'/tailgate markets.
- Gaining fresh food: Ruth Gonzalez profiles the farmers and the goods of Gaining Ground Farm.
- Sustainability 101: getting the word out: New Life Journal's Maggie Cramer interviews SEE Expo Founder Ned Doyle on spreading the word about sustainability and his role in the local green movement.
- All in the details: New Life Journal's Green Home Experts Board explores the craftsmanship and green features that intertwine in the details of this West Asheville cottage.
- Paper with personality: Andrea Storck walks you through the papermaking process so you can kick that not-so-sustainable bleached and lined stuff to the curb.
- Q&A: central air conditioning.
- Cooking for lucky lunch box: Ambra Lowenstein shares recipes for tasty and nutritious homemade snacks perfect to pop in the lunch pail.
- Earth Voyage: educators on a sustainable mission.