Vol. 10 Nbr. 5, June 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- Should you stay or should you go?
- The value of a vacation: even in a recession, a vacation is well worth the investment.
- Don't take a vacation from your principles ... check into a green hotel: Pattie Baker helps you determine a hotel's eco-status and offers up some nearby options.
- Staycations can be ... staying at home doesn't have to leave you pining for that exotic trip, NLJ's Maggie Cramer discovers.
- Principles of proper tree pruning: Jeremy Logan helps you make the cut.
- A little pressure goes a long way: especially when it comes to alleviating typical travel ailments.
- Picnic perfection: pack a basket with Rose Forbes.
- Herbs to go: Bevin Clare lists the herbal must-haves for your travel medicine kit.
- Healthy traveling tips: don't get on a plane this summer without reading these suggestions from Dr. Elizabeth Pavka.
- Saladfest 2009: Ruth Gonzalez checks out the local lettuces and end-of-spring salad fixings in bloom.
- Sustainable construction on Asheville's stretch of Parkway: take a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway visitor destination center with NLJ's Green Home Experts board.
- Bon voyage to boring banners: Joti Marra helps you make a custom send-off for your friends and family.
- Vacation digs: Miller Shire shares how to create a home away from home and how to recreate that space once you return.
- One tremendous tunic: Mary Anne Bennick finds a fashionable and friendly (eco, that is) summertime top.
- New Haywood County farm map to arrive this summer.
- New Segways arrive at NC Arboretum.
- Phillip Gibson: active with WWC and in WNC.