Vol. 10 Nbr. 1, February 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- Motivation to move.
- Loosen up! Physical therapist Grace Shen encourages us all to soothe our tight muscles with some simple stretching.
- 3 Methods 3 goals 9 ways to get moving: Cat Matlock, Michael Clark and Jessi Herr show you how yoga, tai chi and pilates can all help you relax, improve your flexibility and stay balanced.
- Got pain? Move those muscles: before you look to pain pills for backaches and sore shoulders, try balancing your body and building better muscle, says personal trainer Marty Harwood-Edes.
- Good plan = great garden: Heather Robertson outlines eight steps you can take today that will get you ready to plant once winter's chill is gone.
- Heat up your valentine's with herbs: Christa Joy Hamilton shares the secrets to "spicing" up your February 14th.
- Should you strive to be the guru's pet? Cathy Woods explores the role of a teacher, and what that means for you as a student, in the yoga classroom.
- Organic vs. conventional: Dr. Elizabeth Pavka helps a reader determine the nutritional difference between two growing methods.
- Cheese, please! Learn how to find the perfect cheese for you, no matter your dietary choices, with Chad Underwood.
- Brew local: Ruth Gonzalez explores the local beer scene and gets the how-tos for brewing your own to warm up with this winter.
- Stormwater and the sustainable landscape: don't just pass it onto someone else, says Fred Grogan. You can do your part and treat and reuse stormwater on your own home site.
- Health and community design: applying ecology to the urban environment: Michael Figura explores how our communities and habits keep us from moving our bodies.
- Eye pillows for yoga and beyond: try this calming craft with a sustainable spin from Joti Marra.
- Flooring and IAQ: Mitch Gonzalez and Janice Smith walk you through your options from bamboo to linoleum--for healthy indoor air.
- Carolina Mountain Land conservancy breaks ground.
- Serious solar company comes our way.
- Vivian Smith: yoga mentor and self-confidence booster.