Vol. 17 Nbr. 5, May 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- Patient's fall: solid nursing documentation afterward, negligence lawsuit dismissed.
- Fall: no assist to bathroom.
- Patient falls: restraint was removed, hospital found liable.
- Post-surgical infection: court faults discharge instructions.
- Hospital discharge: psych patient not sent to appropriate care setting, nurse liable for death.
- Age discrimination: appeals court upholds nurse's verdict.
- Race discrimination: nurses violated hospital policy, terminations upheld.
- Rudeness: nurse disciplined.
- Elder abuse: court protects supervisor for discipline of nurses aides.
- Medical confidentiality: HIPAA applies to employees' charts.
- EMTALA: dehydrated pediatric patient dies, nurse neglected E.R. screening procedure.
- EMTALA: nurse screened OB patient, hospital not liable.
- Arbitration: daughter had no authority to sign, case will go to jury.
- Labetalol: nurse not negligent.
- Prenatal care: student nurse misread fetal monitor.
- Sexual harassment: nurse obtains large jury verdict.
- Sodium replacement: nurse gave too much saline, too quickly, patient sustained brain.
- Strip search: nurse violated students' civil rights.