Vol. 16 Nbr. 2, February 2008
> SIGN UP FREE
- Patient's falls: nurses ruled not negligent based on solid nursing documentation.
- DNR order: family obtains jury's verdict.
- Faulty transfer: nursing home pays settlement.
- Sexual assault: facility knew male nurse had potential for abuse, violence.
- Shower chair: nursing facility settles for patient's death from fall.
- Cardiac monitor: alarm turned off to use bed pan, not turned back on.
- Patient takes away his original hospital chart: conviction for robbery upheld by court.
- IM injection: faulty nursing documentation.
- Labor Law: US appeals court agrees mandatory flu vaccinations are not allowed by nurses' union contract.
- Psych hold: danger to self or others is required.
- Pregnancy discrimination: court strikes down hospital's 'Fetal-Protection' policy re nurses on-the-job radiation exposure.
- Betadine burn: hospital's nurses ruled not negligent.
- Nasogastric tube misplaced: large verdict for patient's death.
- Nursing home resident was not no code: settlement for wrongful death.
- Transport: nurse correctly assessed patient's needs.
- Vitamin K: nurse ruled not negligent.
- Abuse: charges against aide overturned.
- Federal false claims act: nurse's suit over patient-care issues dismissed.
- Hoyer lift: patient dropped.
- Post-surgical care: nurses faulted over reports to physician.
- Baribed, turning: court discusses the legal standard of care for post-CABG nursing.
- Geriatric sex: emergency transfer upheld.
- Geriatric sex: privacy vs. abuse.