Vol. 228 Nbr. 3, September 2019
- Disaster preparation basics.
- Housekeeping tips to mitigate data security risk.
- 2019 tax software survey: CPAs rate their return preparation software's performance in the first season affected by tax reform.
- How to deal with last-minute clients: CPAs explain the tactics they use to nudge procrastinating clients to meet deadlines.
- Steps toward closing the gender pay gap: CPA employers can take these concrete actions to make compensation more equitable.
- Keeping an eye out for money mules: CPAs can help clients avoid schemes that funnel ill-gotten gains into bank accounts.
- Payroll: Four key payroll considerations for CPA firms.
- Automation and digital workflow in a tax practice.
- Child dependency claims by noncustodial parents.
- Congress approves IRS reform legislation.
- Ninth Circuit overturns Tax Court's invalidation of transfer-pricing regs: Stock-based compensation is held includible in a cost-sharing agreement.
- Taxpayer allowed a deduction under claim of right.
- Supreme Court holds North Carolina cannot tax trust lacking minimum contact.
- How to pick between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.
- Check on data breaches at the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse.
- WHERE TO TURN.