Vol. 226 Nbr. 1, July 2018
- 4 issues for CFOs to ponder.
- Protecting against claims of failure to detect theft.
- Ethics for CPA firm mergers and acquisitions: Obtaining clients' permission for transfer of files is a key responsibility.
- The board's role in promoting an ethical culture: Boards that prioritize corporate culture, watch for red flags, and set clear expectations will encourage ethical behavior throughout the company.
- What's your fraud IQ? Best practices for protecting personally identifiable information.
- EBP audits: Don't let your guard down; Beware of common quality issues that can bite practitioners.
- The CPA's role in forming benefit corporations: These increasingly common enterprises aim to create value for all stakeholders in socially and environmentally conscious ways.
- Merging accounting with 'big data' science.
- Analyzing the new personal casualty loss tax rules: Recent legislative and administrative measures transform this common deduction.
- Explaining refund payment delays to clients.
- Claiming child tax benefits for noncustodial parents.
- First Circuit allows DISC dividends paid to Roth IRAs.
- Got too much data for your preferred drive? Here's what to do.
- ZOOMING IN ON AFFORDABLE BUSINESS VIDEOCONFERENCING.