Vol. 221 Nbr. 3, March - March 2016
> SIGN UP FREE
- How social and digital media can be a #majorrisk.
- Sound audit quality control.
- Return from the wings: as you prepare to bow out of your career, here is advice on finding a different role for your encore.
- Retirement: avoid the pitfalls and plan for the possibilities; CPAs nearing the end of their careers face many fears, but they can avoid common mistakes and employ strategies to make a successful transition into their next adventure.
- Controller to CFO: not a straight, simple path; controllers hoping to become a CFO need operational experience, communication skills.
- Transitioning into academia: a new pathway for practitioners; by making it easier for practitioners to obtain doctorates, nontraditional doctoral programs may help stem the accounting faculty shortage.
- My pathway from practitioner to professor.
- The bilingual CPA: are you fluent in IFRS and U.S. GAAP?
- Form 1023-EZ: first-year results are in; a year after introducing a streamlined application process for tax-exempt organizations, the IRS reports on customer satisfaction and what worked and what didn't.
- Social security changes affect retirement planning.
- Form 1099-C and COD income: key timing issues.
- Expanding your app-titude: a monthly look at apps and websites that can make the CPA's job and life better.
- Changes ahead: accountants and auditors are bracing for new standards and requirements - and new opportunities.
- Excel in handcuffs.
- A bit about bitcoin.
- Become an Excel groupie.