Vol. 204 Nbr. 5, November 2007
> SIGN UP FREE
- Points for retention: retaining valuable staff members is becoming increasingly difficult in today's competitive environment. In addition to ideas about flexible work arrangements, compensation and benefits, consider these recommendations for retaining valuable employees.
- Refining fair value measurement: FASB 157 upgrades the quality of financial reporting.
- Accounting for gift cards: an emerging issue for retailers and auditors.
- The human element: the weakest link in information security.
- Management accounting research for the C-suite: consider findings from cutting-edge research to take your company to the next level.
- Building long-term value: objective financial analysis focuses clients on business revenue growth.
- Be a star CPE instructor: being a discussion leader offers plenty of opportunities to unleash your inner pedagogue.
- Tools for financial analysis: boost your consulting practice to a higher level.
- Be wary of taxes sapping life insurance proceeds.
- Embezzlement no excuse.
- Son of boss goes into overtime.
- Horses, houses and a profit motive.
- Work product stands up to IRS summons.
- Hiring incentives target veterans, rural counties.
- Attestation engagements that address specified compliance control objectives and related controls at entities that provide services to investment companies, investment advisers, or other service providers.
- The last word.