Vol. 130 Nbr. 19, November 2019
> SIGN UP FREE
- Leading Women in Risk and Insurance are Feted in Women to Watch Awards.
- The Independent Way.
- Hagerty Expands U.S. Footprint with New Facility in Dublin, Ohio: Company will hire 200 sales, claims, tech and other professionals to support its rapid growth as an automotive lifestyle brand.
- Psychiatrists, Impeachment, and Justice.
- Governor Signs Bill That Will Increase Timeframe for Lost Policy Searches: Measure brings New York into conformance with structure used by the rest of the country.
- IFNY Honors Sweitzer, Breslin and Seward: 275 Gather at New York's Historic Union League Club to honor Brandon Sweizter, Dean of the School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, St. John's University and Senator Neil Breslin and Senator James Seward as the Public Service Awardees: Supt. Lacewell addresses audience; IFNY Interns present accomplishments.
- Debrah Hamilton Named Executive Director of The Business Insurance Foundation, Inc.
- NY Takesa Stand Against Roofing Scams.
- No Coverage for Fraudulent Insurance Claim: Staged Collision not an Accident.
- Safety Culture Suggested As Answer To Cutting Construction Injury Rates; OSHA Hasn't Done It.
- AIA Calls For Additional Testing Of NAIC Risk-Based Formula.
- California Supreme Court Upholds Principle Of Reinsurance Offset Ending Long Dispute.
- NY Appeals Court Again Decides Issue Not Raised on Appeal: Bronx Med. Diagnostic, P.C. v Hereford Ins. Co., 2019 NY Slip Op 51793(U).
- State Not Liable for Vicious Assault by Guards on Inmate: Rivera v State of New York, 2019 NY Slip Op 08521 (Court of Appeals, NY) (Decided on November 25, 2019).
- Halloween's Over: Take off the Masks.